To register to vote in New York State you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
To request a Voter Registration Form:
- Call the Board of Elections at 845-334-5470;
- stop by the Board office at 284 Wall Street, Kingston, NY 12401;
- stop by your local post office, library, city or town clerks office;
- or download a Voter Registration Form (PDF Document)
Voter Registration Form (Spanish Version) (PDF Document)
General Election Registration Deadlines
Registration Cut Off: Voter Registration forms must be Post Marked no later than October 11, 2013 and received at the BOE by October 16, 2013.
Check the NY State Official Political Calendar